Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

My first post here!

I started this blog because I realized that there are literally no blogs out there about the equestrian sport of reining.  It's not like it's obscure or anything, I mean, it's in the World Equestrian Games and it's actually quite massive in scale in the United States.  Either way, I'm still new to it and thought I'd share some of my experiences with the world in the form of a new blog.

Right now, I'm in a weird transition point because I'm selling my mare to move up to a more finished reiner that I can learn on and hopefully show next season.  My current mare is a 6 year old grade QH that I bought to be a trail horse, but then moved her to a reining barn for some basic training and got hooked on the sport of reining.  It's everything I've ever wanted in a horse discipline, and I am obsessed.

Right now, I ride about 3-4 times a week when I'm in town (I work up in San Francisco for one week out of every month) and my horse is in full training.  I take lessons with my trainer at the fantastic ranch Rancho Los Amigos in San Diego, which is close enough to the Pacific Ocean that I can ride to the beach, and close enough to Mexico that I can see the dividing wall.

Welcome to my blog, and I can't wait to write more!

Me doing a mini-sliding stop on Jaina

No comments:

Post a Comment