Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

A busy week of riding!

This week I spent a lot of time riding, and my muscles certainly are feeling it today!  On Tuesday and Thursday I had lessons, and Jaina had a rough week.  She was ridden by her trainer on Monday and was a bit naughty, so he had to really get after her.  Her mouth was a bit sore on Tuesday, so when I rode her she was tossing her head quite a bit.  I probably should have used a less harsh bit, but I definitely took it easy.  Yesterday we worked on a lot of softening, bending, and circling.

I can ride Jaina now almost entirely one handed, which is great.  I've never owned a horse that can neck rein before, so this is all new and fun to me.

I've dropped her price down to $3,000 (from $3,500) and I'm really hoping that someone buys her soon.  It  would be awesome to have a couple months break from paying board and training around the holiday and get back into it next year with a brand new finished horse.  Jaina and I were supposed to be going to a Cowboy Challenge event tomorrow, but San Diego decided to rain for the first time in months.  Oh well, I probably wasn't prepared for it anyway as I haven't practiced on the obstacles in awhile.

I'm about to head out for two weeks of travel, first to North Carolina and then to San Francisco - so I probably won't be posting here for awhile.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment