Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Trail Ride

Yesterday, I took Smokey out on a trail ride with a couple others and it didn't go so well.  I was having reservations about him last night, until I realized that trail riding isn't really what I want to do.  I want to do reining, try showing, and learn on a horse who knows all the maneuvers.  That's what Smokey is.  If I want him to get better with trail riding, I can have the trainers take him out and get him adjusted to life outside the arena.  For now though, I think he's perfect.  I rode today in the arena and I remembered why I want him.  He's the most fun horse I've ever ridden.

I told my trainer that I want him, and made an offer.  Hopefully we'll be signing paperwork tomorrow and I'll be able to call him mine. :)

In other news, my mare still hasn't sold.  She's a real sweet girl, so I'm hoping she finds a good home soon.  Someone is coming to look at her on Saturday, so if all goes well she might be sold this weekend.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment